Lifelong enthusiasts who want to immerse their customers in the sport and lifestyle of hard-core bodybuilding. This mentality has rocketed Gaspari Nutrition to the top of the industry as the fastest-growing bodybuilding supplement company in the marketplace. Building on that foundation, our strategy for the new Gaspari website was to focus on four key brand pillars: (1) founder Rich Gaspari, (2) the products, (3) GaspariTV, and (4) Team Gaspari (the athletes). We created an interactive experience around each that would engage customers, encourage them to participate, and connect them to both online and offline, location-based marketing activities. This established a role for technology as the tool to stimulate and capture real brand activity and to organize the content for consumption. We integrated state-of-the-art social media features to facilitate ease of updates, allow for fluid distribution of new content, and create a living brand online. The site, which launched on September 15, 2010, features integrated functionality for ecommerce, TV, events, forums, blogs, and photo galleries.
- The site currently supports over 135,000 monthly visitors.
- Data migration was critical to maintaining the Gaspari online community. We integrated existing user data from 4 different subsystems into a single myGaspari profile login.
- The site uses a distributed CMS model built from best-of-breed Web 2.0 technologies including WordPress, Picasa and Jitbit Forum software. Single-sign-on then creates a cohesive user experience.
- The site features a proprietary GaspariTV player-built with Flash and HTML5 to accommodate all browsers plus mobile platforms-that can embed relevant videos onto any page on the site, adding great interactive content while separating the video-watching experience from traditional web content.
- Photos are pulled into the site via API from Google Picasa accounts, allowing the client to upload and manage photo content via email or from mobile phone. This facilitates near-real-time content refreshes and creates the sense of a living brand.
- Bringing life to the brand and its athletes, we integrated our custom Events Management System across the site, providing users with competition notices, athlete appearance schedules, and Google Maps search functionality.